Want to know HTHG’s coolest DIY hairstyle of the season? It is the infinity braid. It looks really complicated but it is actually super easy. You just have to know how to section, braid, and pin.
This hairstyle is great for medium to long hair of all textures. If your hair is very fine, thick or slippery, consider using a texture spray to prep it and give it some grip. Here is my favorite texturizer recipe.
Ready to try this red carpet ready DIY hairstyle? You will need 3 small elastics, and a handful of bobby pins.
1. For this gorgeous look, you will need to section the head into threes, two small side sections and one large section down the middle. French braid one of the side sections.
2. Do a regular three strand braid on the remaining side section and larger middle section. Secure all braids with a small elastic.
3. Starting with your center braid, wrap it loosely into a bun.
4. Use bobby pins around the bun to secure it in place.
5. Take the French braided section and wrap it under and around the middle bun. Pin into place.
6. Finally, take the remaining smaller side braid and wrap it over and around your middle bun. Pin that braid into place and spray the entire look with a hairspray of your choice.
Voila! For some exciting DIY ways to accessorize The Infinity Braid, click here.
Want to perfect your french and dutch braiding technique? Check out this post.
If you like this hairstyle, you will love HTHG’s infinity twisted hairstyle.
And a special thanks to Brookie for lending her lovely hair and self to HTHG for this tutorial:)