Hi dears. Manhattan-born 3rd generation Lebanese designer Colette Malouf was kind enough to contact me and offer a couple of tutorials featuring her best-selling headband as a promotional post for her work!
Her designs are simple and beautiful specialty accessories that are perfect for any occasion. I spent some time on her site drooling over silk and wire mesh crochet beauties and cast hair pins. Her style is unique yet classy and her pieces are beautifully made. Check out her shop and how-to videos on her site and find yourself a hair treasure:)
These 3 looks were created exclusively for HTHG readers featuring the her best-selling headband, the Lotus Crown.
through only half way.
2. Pull the hair above the elastic evenly spreading the hair out.
3. Tuck the pony stub under and pin it down with bobbypins.
4. Add a headstrap and pinch some hair above the base of the headstrap for
a rounder head shape.
The Modern Boho
1. Put a headstrap on in the front of the face with the elastic at the base of
2. Twist some hair from the face around the sides of the headstrap until you
reach the back.
3. An alternate look is to replace step 2 with twisting hair from the front of
the face all the way around to the other side. Then twist the remainder on
the other side of the face tucking all the hair in for a side bun.
4. Another version: Stretch the bun down for a longer shape.
The Modern Boho clean style
1. Using a large wire comb with the teeth pointing upward secure the hair
from each side at the base of the head pushing upward while pulling the
2. Add a head strap and tie the ends under the comb which will lift the comb
and make the hair look rounder and fuller.
xoxo, HTHG and Colette Malouf.