Bangs are the most powerful way to transform your face, accentuate your eyes, and add style to your haircut. The right style of bangs can really work wonders!
I am a huge believer in bangs, and cutting them yourself. It is a fun way to really take control of your look in between trips to the salon. I have never had anyone but myself cut my bangs.
Contrary to what you might hear other places, there is a bang style to fit any face and hair type. Maybe you have been told that you wouldn’t look good with bangs or you have had a bad bang experience…..Don’t let that scare you away from experimenting! Let this little bang guide help guide you in the right direction towards your perfect bang style.
1. Curtain bangs…..These are basically grown out bucket bangs. Curtain bangs have a nice face slimming and elongating effect.They are great for lower hair lines. They are long and blend nicely around the face. They are a good option for people who are afraid of bang commitment because they grow out without any fuss at all. To get these bangs, Follow HTHG’s bucket bang tutorial, but cut them nice and long.
2. Asymmetrical bangs. These bangs are funky and edgy and fun to wear. They suit all face shapes, and look especially good with above-the-shoulder length haircuts. They grow out nicely into side sweeping bangs. Follow HTHG’s Asymmetricall choppy bang tutorial to DIY ’em.
3. Kitten bangs. Meow! for the bold lady, these dramatic pointys are very fun to wear and look great with darker hair colors. They work well on straight hair. HTHG does not yet have a tutorial for these bangs. They are kind of hard to perfect. Slow and steady is my advice;)
4. Choppy bangs. These bangs are nice and feminine. They can be very slimming for the face if cut from a narrow section, and they can also widen and open up the face nicely if cut from a wide section. They work really well for higher foreheads.They tend to grow out easily because there are no hard lines. They are great for curly haired ladies who want to wear short bangs. Follow HTHG’s choppy bang tutorial to get these babies.
5. Blunt bangs. These are nice and dramatic. The hard line is a nice contrast for softer face shapes. They can give thin hair a thicker appearance. Best on straight hair. Use your Purrrfect bang kit to get a perfect line.
6. Betty bangs. For the vintage loving ladies out there. Feminine, sexy, and dramatic. These bangs combine a hard line with sloped shape so they really will work on all face shapes. They look great on women with low hairlines. They work best on thicker hair, wavy hair. Follow HTHG’s Betty bangs tutorial to get em.
7. Bucket bangs. Like Zooey Deschanel’s bangs?. These bangs form an arch around the eyes, drawing attention directly to the eyes. They are slimming and elongating for the face, and they look very seductive. They grow out into curtain bangs. They look best with below the shoulder length hairstyles. Follow HTHG’s Zooey bangs tutorial to DIY them.
8. Side bangs. These bangs are very easy to wear for all hair types and face shapes. They are very versatile, they grow out great, and they are super easy to DIY. Use your Purrrfect bangs kit to DIY them!
Purrrfect Bangs DIY bang kit giveaway!!!
Here is my exciting news for the day. Are you ready for this? I have 2 of these kits to giveaway! What are they? Everything you need to cut your bangs at home, over and over again. The kit includes sharp shears, a comb, an instructional guide, and a clever little template gadget that will ensure bang cutting perfection.
How to enter? Like HTHG and Purrrfect bangs on Facebook, and share the Facebook post. I will choose 4 random winners a week from today. Best of luck and I can’t wait to see your new bangs!