Guest Blog Alert! In the mood to try something new? Here are 5 Killer Hairstyles to try! Thanks to Karishma Sehgal for curating this list for us!
It’s true that your locks speak volumes about your personality. While long and straight hair is associated with femininity and beauty, short hair is associated with power and prestige. Hair is a medium of self expression that can work wonders to give your look a facelift! With the concept of power dressing gaining ground and women getting more empowered than ever, many edgy and bold hairstyles have paved their way into the beauty circuit. Seen everywhere from fashion show ramps to boardrooms, these hairstyles are gaining popularity among women from all walks of life. Here is a list of 5 cosmo hairstyles that you must try this year:
- Blunt Bobs – Bobs came into being way back in the 1920’s and if trend forecasts are anything to go by, they are here to stay! This season, blunt bobs have made a comeback with Coco Rocha’s look topping the charts. This hairstyle works best for those with fine, straight hair. Other hair types can also pull off this look but with greater maintenance and upkeep. You can work this trend along with straight or side swept bangs, depending on what suits your face shape.
- Pixie With An Edge – Pixies have been making waves for the last few years and have had many women boldly embrace this trend. This year, hairstylists have introduced a funky twist to the good ol’ pixie. The latest trend is that of pixies that are angled, razored and big on the crown. Depending on your style and will to experiment, you can ask your hairstylist to give you a pixie that can take you from looking like a rocker chick to a corporate hottie!
- Wavy Lob – Kim Kardashian walked into the Grammy’s with her wavy lob this year and left everyone awestruck! The wavy lob has been making many headlines this season with some of the biggest names in tinseltown working this effortless yet chic hairdo! Those of you with medium length hair can easily try out this fun hairstyle at home. If you have straight hair, you can get light curls using a curling iron or by braiding your hair overnight. Work some sea salt spray on your hair and ruffle it with your fingers. Follow it up with light brushing and you’re set!
- Slick Bun – If you are someone who doesn’t like going too audacious with your hairstyle but still want to make heads turn, a slick bun can be your go-to hairdo! Spotted at many international Spring/Summer 2015 fashion shows like that of Carolina Hererra’s this year, slick buns work just as well for a day look as they work for an evening updo. Whether your hair is short or long, wavy or straight, you can always try out a bun that will work perfectly for you. To get a flawlessly slick bun, dab on light oil onto your towel dried hair. Let it dry and fasten it in a tight, high ponytail. Wrap your ponytail in a bun and secure it with bobby pins. If there are any flyaways falling on your face, pin them up to the bun.
- Wet Look Midi – When Rosie Huntignton walked the ramp for Balmain Spring/Summer 2015 sporting wet tresses, stylistas world over knew that a new trend was born. Following the out-of-the-bed hair trend of last year, this year out-of-the-water hair has taken the cake for being one of the edgiest looks of the season. This hairstyle works especially well for mid length hair of any texture. You can wear this look for a formal night event or even a dinner date with your love. To perfect this look, comb your hair at the back and spray it with high shine hair lacquer. It’s as easy as it can get!
These super chic hairstyles are sure to add the needed touch of magic to your stunning outfit, kickass wit and powerful aura. Which of these hairdos is your favorite? Share your pick with us in the comments section below!
Author Bio : Karishma Sehgal
Being an ardent fashion, beauty and lifestyle enthusiast, I have contributed to a number of popular lifestyle magazines and blogs. My writings are mostly targeted towards young women on a budget who enjoy the art of looking good. Follow me on Twitter!!